Friday, January 25, 2008

Cupcakes!

I absoutely love cupcakes...and not just because they're trendy. There's something nostalgic about not being able to eat them daintily. Or, maybe that's just me that gets the frosting all over my face. I've included one of my favorite recipes below for a cinnamon spice cupcake that I've modified to make more figure friendly. Enjoy!

Low(ish) Fat Cinnamon Spice Cupcakes
1 package (18.25) spice cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package sugar free, fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup water
1/4 cup raisins
1 16oz container whipped cream cheese frosting (optional but delicious)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, cinnamon, eggs, applesauce, water, and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins.
3. Fill paper-lined muffin tins three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
4. If desired, allow cupcakes to cool before frosting with cream cheese icing.
Kitchen Note:Since these are lower fat, they don't have the shelf life that a normal, full fat cupcake would have. Be sure to share with friends so you don't eat the whole batch (like my husband and I have been known to do).

No comments: